Novartis Business Services IT (NBS IT) is working to support Novartis to deliver better patient outcomes through innovative use of information and technology. As technology is reshaping the healthcare industry, IT will be a differentiator for our businesses, inspiring new ideas and enabling Novartis to reimagine medicine.
To continue to add even greater value for the business we need to have the right people with the right capabilities in the right location. We need to be customer-oriented and focus on bringing the best services and solutions to the business – both globally and locally – to support our patients.
NBS IT offers this extraordinary work experience with a real opportunity to develop in a highly fast-paced technology-driven environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
Manage the design of system solutions in alignment with design and architectural standards, while meeting quality, performance, security and business requirements.
Major Accountabilities :
- Ensure that system designs adhere to solution architecture design (i.e. high level conceptual design) and are traceable to functional as well as non-functional requirements in projects/enhancements
- Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of solutions
- Ensure system design standards are defined to improve and sustain standardization of solutions
- Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the architecture handbook
- Support scoping, fit-gap workshops for projects/enhancements, propose solutions for key gaps, provide effort estimations and alignment with business teams
- Ensure that project/enhancements work is delivered to agreed time, cost and quality constraints following the release calendars
- Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed, formally documented and signed off by business
- Ensure that solution testing is performed to meet quality standards - Establish standardized design and development processes to enable cost effective delivery
- Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing new solutions and services
- Perform scoping, fit-gap workshops for projects/enhancements, proposes solutions for key gaps, provide effort estimations and align with business teams
- Follow standardized design and development processes to enable cost effective delivery
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Solution Design scope
•Formal training in Documentum, D2, D2LS and/ or I4R highly desirable
•Prior experience working with Cloud based sys-tems and interfaces with DMS systems
•Ability to interact and interface with IT and Busi-ness stakeholders and lead solution design events
Knowledge • Document Management System principles
• Training systems know how
• Design and Operational support for audit and knowledge sharing sessions
Technology Domain Knowledge Mandatory criteria
• Strong prior Pharmaceutical Industry preferably in the Documentum (D2/ D2LS)
• Proven past record of working in global systems with cluster architecture
• Knowledge of best practices in solution design and technical implementation
• Strong Background to design and create business process classification frameworks with various lev-els of detail and levels of decomposition
• Experience with formal requirements specification and formal system validation a plus
• Knowledge of Estimating project scope and level of effort for new projects and/or existing projects that require changes—tasks, duration, resourcing, etc. is a plus
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, cost-saving generic and biosimilar pharmaceuticals and eye care. Novartis has leading positions globally in each of these areas. In 2016, the Group achieved net sales of USD 48.5 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 9.0 billion. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 121,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are sold in approximately 155 countries around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.novartis.com
Solution Design Expert -ESOPS
• A minimum of 10 -12 years of experience designing and developing solutions in the Document Management and SOPs, Training systems.
• Strong Prior Pharmaceuticals and/ or Lifesciences experience, preferably in existing role.
• Very strong working knowledge of GxP processes and solutions validation approach
• Knowledge of ALCOA and FDA 21 CFR Part 11 concepts
• Design, build low level designs
• Develop, build, configure and unit test solutions from low level designs
• Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
• Perform all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints
• Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented
• Unit test solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
• Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Service Delivery scope
Desired ( optional )
• Formal training in Documentum, D2, D2LS and/ or I4R highly desirable
• Prior experience working with Cloud based systems and interfaces with DMS systems
• Ability to interact and interface with IT and Business stakeholders and lead solution design events
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind