Senior Finance Project Manager
- Drives the implementation of best in class financial systems providing relevant, timely, and accurate financial information for financial planning, decision-making, control and risk management, and internal and external performance measurement. Works with Finance and Information Technology to design, construct, and implement financial and business processes and systems requirements globally such as a new reporting system. Develops design requirements for implementing new systems. Determines type of functionality needed in a new system (e.g., designating the business required documents in implementing a new reimbursement policy). Implements processes and tools that support efficiency initiatives.
- Independently leads finance project team to implement financial design in systems all through project life cycle.
- Understands finance & accounting processes to develop, modify and propose plan of actions seamlessly to propel the project.
- Understand finance system flows in overall system architecture to assess dependencies and risks.
- Drives and challenges finance status quo by overseeing end to end finance flow.
- Management reporting, proposing solutions and influencing extended team to propel the project is a daily task.
- Manages complex projects across multiple regions, across multiple finance processes
- Manages & initiates senior management stakeholder relationships
- Manages project team internal as well as external resources with a big team from multiple countries.
- Mentors and encourages skill development of other project team members
- Provides detailed performance review input and development recommendations for team members
- Contributions have significant impact on company business typically involving a high degree of change.
- Change Management across multiple finance teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree in finance or accounting ; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in finance, 2+ years in project management or leading transformation.
- Project management experience in finance/accounting/system implementation preferred
- PMP Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Operational experience in finance/accounting is must,
- Ability to understand end to end finance and accounting flows across different finance processes is required.
- Understanding of SAP from operational perspective is preferred and SAP implementation experience will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated project management skills for complex projects or transformations initiatives.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of key services operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Speaks with authority to most layers of depth related to project management methods.
- Superior oral and written communication skills for interacting with stakeholders and management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to determine impact & present of process implementations to the larger business groups.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.