TECH LEAD / LEAD DEVELOPER – IT SERVICES
- Gather Functional Requirements from client business teams and perform requirement analysis
- Estimate - Provide effort estimations for the functional requirements/enhancements/projects received from business
- Monitor Estimates - Ensure projects or enhancements are executed with in the estimated effort
- Work with Business teams to prioritize work
- Prepare detailed design documentation for the baselined functional requirements
- Interface between customer and Offshore Team
- Reporting and tracking of offshore team assignments
- Work on high priority issues to reduce business impact
- Apply the Client process and methodology including Best Practices, Templates, and Policy & Procedures for production of deliverables. Ensure that offshore team complies to it.
- As a onsite tech lead, be accountable for the communication management of the offshore team.
- Work with Client Business and Information System counterparts to deliver high quality deliverables that includes but not limited to design documents, source code, test results, testing documentation etc
- Work with Offshore Tech lead to capture and deliver the performance metrics for release/project work on a weekly basis.
- Strive towards continuous improvements in batch and online processes from technical /functional prospective ; in terms of direct cost reductions, performance improvements, automations , user satisfaction etc
- Work with offshore team members to encourage collaboration and quality of all deliverables. Ensure that a healthy and productive relationship model exists within the team.
- As the Tech Lead, it also includes having positive interactions with team members, encouraging team members to expand their skills and knowledge, and lead through example and leading from front as appropriate.
- Be flexible with changing deliverables and objectives from the client and FIS
- Propose suggestions to make the project more productive or successful to project management in a tactful and strategic manner.
- Active Involvement in weekly, monthly, quarterly status reporting including various performance and SLA metrics as applicable.
- Act as a mentor to team members when necessary, support team in coming up with effective technical solution.
- Review offshore critical deliverables to ensure they are meeting requirements and high quality
- 10 to 15 years proven programming experience in following technologies
- iSeries Development Expertise in technologies such as ILE COBOL, ILE CL, C & database DB2
- Knowledge of iSeries API's, Data queues, User queues, multi-threading, Journaling and IBM iSeries file systems such as Library based system etc.
- Experience with SQL and MQ Series is a plus.
- Prior relevant experience within the financial services industry and around FIS products a big plus!
- Ability to act as a technical expert on the design and development of highly complex development efforts
- Ability to perform complex systems analysis and programming activities
- Ability to function as a lead i.e. process information and convey to the offshore team
- Strict adherence to all internal development/project controls and Customer’s change management process
- Strong analytical, programming and debugging skills required
- Strong defect resolution skills required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and business personnel required
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, in crisis situations and produce results often under severe time constraints and difficult working conditions
- Posses a mix of proficient research capabilities as well as conceptual, analytical, and managerial competence within a team environment.
- Should have demonstrated an end to end experience on projects starting from requirement analysis, design, coding, testing, UAT and implementation.
- Experience working in round the clock support and maintenance model
- Very good Exposure with various SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, Use case, Agile, Scrum).
- Highly self-motivated individual ready to work in challenging and fast paced environment.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.