AbbVie is at the forefront of cancer research, discovering and developing the next generation of treatments to address unmet medical need for cancer patients. Our strong pipeline includes both small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches with first in class agents that target multiple pathways central to the growth and survival of both solid and hematological malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and accomplished in vitro biologist to join our growing cancer research organization. This scientist will be part of a team dedicated to discovering and developing novel cancer targets in the field of Immune-oncology.
- Investigate, identify, develop and optimize assays and cellular models for interrogation of Immune-Oncology biology, and perform standard biochemical, cellular and molecular techniques
- Generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments that further project goals
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems
- Independently schedule and prioritize workload to manage several tasks simultaneously and identify / utilize resources outside of own group
- Efficiently organize and present scientific plans and data at project team meetings
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced environment under the mentorship of a supervisor
Position will be hired on the level of experience.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- BS or MS in cell or molecular biology, immunology, or related field with typically BS 5+ years of experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 3+ years of experience
- Experience in Immune-Oncology is a plus
- Broad and versatile technical expertise in immunological, cell/molecular biology, and biochemical assays (FACS, ELISA, western blotting, cloning, cell culture techniques, immune cell function assays, etc) and assay development
- Demonstrate the ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments
- Proven track record of generating publication quality data and contributing to manuscript or patent preparation
- Highly developed communication skills and keen ability to engage internal and external team members in collaborative research
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled