You will train engineers on several levels: Level 1: Introduction to the machine (functional overview and machine operation). Level 2: Maintenance and Adjustments (major replacements, calibrations). Level 3: Advanced subjects (troubleshooting and diagnosing). Also, within our department you work in one or more projects supporting the learning needs of our customers.
Being in touch with several departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global Support Centre, D and E and CS-FSE) you translate customer requirements into blended learning training packages as part of training material updates and maintenance.
This position is within the CS sector. The CS Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches (Field Support) perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region. The training department is the crucial link between the development department and the thousands of colleagues working at customer sites worldwide and engineers in Veldhoven performing this excellent support. The training department develops and delivers technical training through 1000’s of training events yearly worldwide. Most trainees are from the CS and Manufacturing and Logistics (M and L) sectors. About 20% of the trainees are customer engineers. The training department has training facilities in Netherlands, Taiwan, Korea and USA.
As a Technical Instructor you will be responsible for delivering high quality technical training to engineers from the CS sector. You will also be responsible for creating training solutions to issues reported from Customer Support (CS) engineers in the Field. Along with the responsibility concerns particularly issues which can be solved by training and education of CS engineers. Additionally as a Developer, you will work with employees from the CS NPI organization to develop the training content for Install Base Line to the CS Field Organization. You will be a member of the CS Training Center Department (~50 employees worldwide). Our Training Centers operate in shifts that include weekends and nights in class and cleanrooms.
Higher Technical College or (Technical) University (B.Sc./ M.Sc.) in Science field (Electrical
Technology, Mechatronics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience in training development and delivery, preferably in blended learning packages,
or experience in teaching a technical subject.
- A background in field service, system maintenance and / or process engineering in the semiconductor industry is preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of delivering Technical Training with proven affinity with or expertise in education and/or didactics.
- Experience or knowledge of ASML systems is preferred.
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability for analytical and abstract thinking.
- Teamwork, planning and organization skills.
- Able to work in shifts that include weekends and nights.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Have a passion for training, teaching and learning.
- Business sense for possible new opportunities which add value to our core business.