What you’ll be doing…
The Tax Analyst supports the company's domestic and/or international tax
compliance and planning and serves as a hands-on expert, interacting and
collaborating with business partners in multiple departments.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Assist in the preparation and review of domestic and or international tax provisions
- Research, analyze and compose technical memos on emerging legislative and tax policy developments, complex international, federal and state income tax issues and/or exposure items (including ASC 450 (FAS 5) analysis for non-income taxes and ASC 740 (FIN 48 and SFAS 109) for income taxes)
- Assist in preparation of a variety of tax filings, including sales, franchise and B&O tax returns
- Assist with tax planning strategies and participate in the preparation of income tax projections
- Provide tax advice to internal business partners by performing the research and analysis to answer their inquiries
- Communicate to and teach internal business partners the key tax risks and/or benefits that impact their areas of responsibility
- Special projects as assigned including, but not limited to, participation in the further automation of the tax planning, compliance, provision processes and projects relating to other business initiatives
- Cross team collaboration with internal and external tax teams
Who you are… L
- Experienced. 2+ years of tax experience of progressively increasing responsibility, including 1 year in public accounting.
- Educated. Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field. Master's degree in Taxation preferred.
- Analytical. Must have the ability to analyze financial data and concisely document the interpretation of financial analysis
- Problem Solver. Project management ability that demonstrates organizational and problem solving skills that lead to a successful conclusion
- Organized/multi-tasker. With excellent judgment on prioritization within a high volume transactional high detail environment
- Performer. Strong written communication, spelling, and proofreading skills. Strong verbal communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.