Mainframe Technical Product Manager – Sanovi
Sanovi, an IBM company is looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation and revolutionizing the way the business applications are recovered.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager – Mainframe environment who is passionate about building in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
As a Technical Product Manager on the team
- You will have end to end product management responsibility of Mainframe projects, including product definition, resource planning and project execution.
- You will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
- You will work closely with cross functional teams to define the product specifications and provide updates on the program.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving along with engineering the delivery of critical product initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- You will work closely with the development, architecture and design teams in a lead role.
Location: Raleigh-Durham, NC - Must be able to work on-site in Raleigh, NC
aytorefer IWD18HJNA IWD18&A
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 10 years of technology work experience.
At least 5 years of ...
- Knowledge of zLinux, z/OS operating system architecture, internals, operations, and recovery scenarios.
- Knowledge of and hands on expertise on zVM, CSM and HMC , zVSC
- Knowledge on DASD & tape environments, Backup & Restore of data, Disaster Recovery setup using various storage management products/utilities, device support facility, backup & restore utilities (IBM and/or vendor products)
- Knowledge of JCLs, IPL, TSO, MVS concepts, SMP/E, JES2/3, HCD, RACF, SDSF, Sysplex, USS, Catalog Management, z/OS problem management etc is desirable
- Understanding of REXX or CLIST routines
- Demonstrated experience with TSO/ISPF, SMF and RMF.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline with 10+ years experience and at least one year in hands-on product management role
- Deep hands-on technical expertise on the Mainframe environment
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Ability to perform activities related to schedule, resource, and cross-functional execution
- Ability to create, prioritize and manage product backlog
- Ability to capture/document detailed product requirements specifications using standard templates and processes
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical approaches, and lead product/engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
New Collar Role