This position is located in Rochester, NY
Every few years, a company emerges and transforms an industry. Instacart been leading the evolution of a $800B retail market, and redefining how people shop for groceries. In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 150 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered more than $1B in grocery products.
This Shift Lead drives Instacart's success inside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of in-store staff to create and maintain the Instacart Experience for our customers. The shift lead provides guidance and oversight of in-store operations with direction from the Local Operations Teams to deliver perfect orders every time.
We need motivated and experienced leaders to help us deliver a magical experience to our amazing customers. Join us!
Team Building (60%)
- Welcome new team members
- Train new and current shoppers
- Encourage positive work environment
- Lead by example!
Assist with In-Store Operations (30%)
- Put our customers first by ensuring that orders are accurately and efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate effectively with the Instacart Operations Team regarding store and shopper relations
Partner/Customer Communications (5%)
- Maintain a strong and positive relationship with the management team at our partner stores through regular communication and feedback
Problem Solving (5%)
- Act quickly and respond to store, shopper or customer issues
- Brainstorm new process improvements
- Customer service and retail experience (2+ years)
- Experience working in diverse teams (1+ year)
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Ability to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Qualified applicants must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY (If you are unable to work on any of these specific days, we do have part-time roles available)
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Medical benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued sick time off
- Commuter Benefit