An SoC Design Engineer II for MCU32 is responsible for:
- Performing System Verilog RTL design integrating modules at SoC level to build 32-bit Microcontroller/Microprocessor products.
- Designing modules for 32-bit microcontroller products.
- Simulating module and SoC level tests to guarantee functionality and timing with regards to design objective specifications.
- Generating and maintaining Micro Architecture Specifications (MAS) at module and SoC level and other design flow documentation.
- Running and debugging gate level simulations at SoC level
- Able to write reusable System Verilog RTL code, follow design and DFT guidelines.
- Able to run digital simulations using industry standard tools such as Incisive, Questa and VCS.
- Able to write C based tests to verify SoC functionality
- Able to write good documentation for micro-architecture specification (MAS) at the SoC and module level
- Able to write SoC level verification test plans
- Have scripting and automation skills such as Linux shell scripting, Python, Perl, Tcl, Makefile and revision management (GIT, CVS etc)
- Strong analytical, and problem solving skills, as well as hands-on SoC debugging / bring up skills
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, excellent presentation skills for design reviews and ability to excel in a team environment.
- MSEE or BSEE.degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of related industry experience in SoC or digital IP design.
- Have familiarity with system verilog for verification, VMM, assertions, cover points.
- Have familiarity with ARM and MIPS assembly code.
- Familiarity with and ability to develop functional test patterns for production test environments.
- 5+ years of related industry experience in SoC or digital IP design.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.