This is a corporate leadership role responsible for developing and driving Plated’s quality and food safety strategy to ensure the production of safe, compliant, high-quality meal-kits, leveraging data and technology, through an omnichannel customer experience (online subscription, on-demand and in-store retail).
- Oversee the development and implementation of sustainable and scalable quality and food safety processes to meet Plated’s needs.
- Identify and execute enterprise-level operational solutions to support quality and food safety strategy and drive cross-functional outcomes.
- Lead FSMA-related compliance roadmap in view of anticipated expansion of Plated product offerings.
- Ensure integrity of company quality and food safety data.
- Effectively communicate results to key stakeholders at all levels of the organization (including executives and other business leaders).
- Provide ongoing professional development and mentorship to junior members of Plated’s Food Safety & Quality Assurance team.
- Oversee implementation of food safety and quality training program for all relevant employees.
- Oversee internal audit process and results to ensure compliance to Food Safety requirements.
- Investigate and report food safety, food defense and food security issues to key stakeholders, internal business partners, Government and Supply base and make appropriate recommendations.
- Support fulfillment center network capacity expansion (including review and recommendation of facility design in accordance with food safety & quality strategy).
- Conduct proactive research of federal, state and local regulations applicable to the business and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards, policies, and procedures as well as applicable laws.
- Minimum of 7 years of Food Safety & Quality management experience of increasing seniority.
- High proficiency in GMP guidelines required.
- PCQI certified
- HACCP certified and experience with RTE products required.
- Strong knowledge or certification in Lean Manufacturing, TQM and/or Six Sigma principles required.
- B.S. in relevant field required, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience with auditing required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Highly capable of working cross functionally and leading/influencing others.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively, attentive and detail-oriented.
- Works well both as a team member and independently with effective decision-making skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently set priorities and leverage and align cross-functional resources effectively.
- Ability to effectively influence a culture of compliance and consistently champion and drive prioritization of food safety and quality assurance initiatives across the organization.
- Ability to identify high-level operational risks and drive mitigation strategies and continuous improvement opportunities.
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
Working at Plated:
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.