Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Technology Attorney for our San Antonio home office. This position will primarily support the Information Technology team at USAA.
- Applies advanced knowledge to mitigate legal, regulatory, compliance and litigation risk to USAA businesses.
- Engages and collaborates with other legal experts within the company and at times outside counsel.
- May work with outside counsel or contract professionals to complete assignments.
- Provides solution oriented legal advice and counsel to internal clients to support business objectives.
- May assist more senior attorneys in providing advice and counsel on highly complex matters.
- Responsible for analyzing the application of laws and regulations and preparing recommendations and/or documents to support the organization.
- Applies advanced knowledge regarding relevant business, industry, and area of legal specialty.
- Handles complex negotiations, drafting and document creation, and matter resolution.
- Ensures escalation of matters presenting more significant risk to more senior attorneys.
- May assist more senior attorneys with the preparation of defense positions for highly complex litigation.
- Participates in and may lead cross function initiatives.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
- May provide research, factual information, counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues, in support of more senior attorneys.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- 4 or more years legal experience.
- Admitted to the practice law in one state or a territory of the USA
- Active member and in good standing of the bar in at least one state or territory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and applicable software.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Legal experience advising and working on technology related issues.
- Strong background in negotiating transactions such as technology outsourcing, software licensing, cloud services, hardware/software leasing and consulting services.
- Knowledge of vendor management regulatory environment and guidance applicable to financial institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate opinions and information verbally and in writing
- Good organizational, prioritization and time management skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 6/24/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.