The Sales Data Management (SDM) Lead oversees the team responsible for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of sales data in an ongoing effort to increase visibility into sales trends and activity. The SDM Lead must ensure the New York-based SDM team obtains consistent results that provide all Sales teams, Reporting & Analytics, Marketing and Product, and Finance with high quality data that is delivered in a timely fashion.
The SDM Lead will also be responsible for guiding global sales data practices, coordinating with the Senior Associate /London to ensure that a global data model is designed and maintained, and that Neuberger Berman’s data governance supports timely reporting, accurate data and compensation processes, and expanding data science and predictive analytic usage.
Finally, the SDM Lead will serve as a corporate subject matter expert on enterprise-wide data initiatives to align Sales Data requirements to broader Business and IT models
- Data Process Management – oversees the acquisition and attribution of all product sales data for North America Intermediary and Institutional lines of business:
- Ensures standard procedures are defined, monitored and updated as needed
- Owns relationship with primary data aggregation vendor for data management and processing
- Monitors and improves team’s KPI performance to provide timely and transparent sales data
- Oversees alignment of all sales and CRM data to ensure a holistic and aligned data model
- Data Analysis and Quality Control – works across NA and Global Sales Data teams to develop tools that test accuracy of data – from source feeds and as attributed/stored in local data warehouse and marts. Develops KPI measures and reporting modules to demonstrate ongoing data hygiene results.
- Strategic Projects – works with team management to partner with other Sales, Operations and Client Reporting teams across NA and Global divisions to enable stronger, enterprise-wide usage of core sales data; helps identify means to reduce data volume/redundancy, decrease data cycle times, and improve overall transparency and extensibility of NB Sales Data.
- Team Management and Development – manage team of data and business analysts, monitoring their productivity and quality. Responsible for professional development and ongoing performance feedback of the team. Working with the team members, tracks normal data production metric, ad-hoc requests, and project initiatives to ensure stakeholders’ needs are met and that results are timely
- Strong data management and analysis background with hands-on approach to solving data challenges
- Demonstrated expertise in data operations in the US Intermediary environment - understanding of Institutional, Alternative, High-Net-Worth and Trust businesses highly desired
- Proficiency in Alteryx and Tableau – coding experience (R, Python, SQL) is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of DST SalesConnect or other data aggregation/attribution services
- Demonstrated experience interacting with CRM administrators and developers – deep understanding of Sales’ usage of CRM data constructs and means to ensure aligned and reconciled data structures
- BA/BS degree in Data/Information Systems, Economics, Finance, or a related field
- 7 - 10 years’ progressive data and staff/managerial experience in Asset Management industry
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com.