We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
A Technical PM manages software engineers, as well as junior project managers. PMs are the keepers of the project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. They must partner closely with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget
A PM is responsible for the professional and career advancement of their direct reports.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at:
- Solid software development experience
- Excellent grasp of current systems and architecture
- Experience with management of technical products
- Building and evolving a great team;
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with your immediate team and any external developers;
- Building and energizing team by exhibiting a positive approach to inspire others to excel;
- Managing external development teams.
- Establishing and assigning task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Proactively assessing and mitigating risk for assigned scope;
- Partnering with production to manage scope and quality.
- Making decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly;
- Providing input to project budget and budget planning process; adhering to and tracking budget.
- Prioritizing and resolving issues through creative problem solving skills;
- recognizing and balancing priorities of eliminating the root causes of problems;
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong people management skills; ability to challenge and develop talent;
- \Minimum 4 years software development experience; minimum 1 year project management or team leadership experience;
- Understanding of project management methodology; can model systems and reports using Excel, Project, Word, VISIO and other EAC standard tools;
- Experience managing a project including establishing project plan and project budget, determining task dependencies, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes.
Read Full Description
- You are capable of identifying/mitigating risks; taking appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods, technologies and project schedules;
- You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of dependability and commitment
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, recognizing and balancing priorities and identifying new methods to deal with issues;
- You learn quickly and applies new concepts, principles and procedures to maintain solution-oriented approach while dealing with change and you deal with ambiguity by asking questions or championing solutions.