The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Your role is to support the content production art teams in achieving top-quality results within the context of the project;
- You will works closely with the Technical Directors and the programming team to help implementing technical art features and new technologies in the project.
- Implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game;
- Identify and Implement art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
- Create technical benchmarks to be used in production;
- Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team;
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Share with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry;
The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important.
Skills and knowledge:
- Very good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Training and tutoring skills are a plus;
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to create technical documentation;
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
o Rendering and Post-Effects
o Special FX
o Rigging and animation
o Physics simulations;
- Fluency in English.
Ubisoft delivers memorable experience to players everywhere. Here you will get a chance to work together with young, creative and talented individuals who are just as addicted to gaming as you are! Work in casual working environment, with flexi working hours and many Ubisoft goodies we prepared just for you!
Join us and become a key part in the gaming world!