We are seeking Software Development Engineer II to contribute to the development of software, tools, and best practices for Cloud Acceleration Team (part of Expedia World Wide Engineering) focused on building platform for Expedia applications to migrate to Cloud and manage the end-to-end lifecycle (application creation, deployment/releases, cost transparency/visibility etc.)
Brand Specific Description:
Expedia EWE Cloud Acceleration Team (CAT)
We are seeking Software Development Engineer II to contribute to the development of software, tools, and best practices for Cloud Acceleration Team (part of Expedia World Wide Engineering) focused on building platform for Expedia applications to migrate to Cloud and manage the end-to-end lifecycle (automation around Cloud stack, application creation, deployment/releases, cost transparency/visibility etc.)
- Work as part of platform development team within the Cloud Acceleration Team
- Own the development of features end-to-end, from design, through development, testing, deployment & operational support for.
- Work with multiple tracks within the CAT team for delivering the objectives/goals set together as a team adhering to Governance compliance and security standards.
- Contribute new and maintain existing robust automated tests which enable code to be verified & the high quality of code running in production maintained.
- Estimate work for technology delivery.
- Operationally support & maintain the services development.
- Work with the team to evaluate & select new technologies for new projects/requirements.
- Mentoring/guiding other members of the team
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science with 5 years or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in delivering software and hardware solutions
- Experience in shipping multiple versions of ecommerce products.
- Hands on experience with technologies like Java, Ruby and NodeJs.
- Experience working in Cloud platforms (Iaas/Paas/Saas) like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and a great problem solver.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work on large scale initiatives that cut across multiple teams.
- Ability to break down complex problems for communication with various audiences
- Proven expertise in building strategies and plans to solve complex software and hardware problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable frameworks and tools.
- Proven track record of implementing changes that improve quality of the end product.
Expedia is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment with
a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.