PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2,200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. We are recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients around the world. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Client Solutions and Analytics (CS&A) Team Overview:
Client Analytics is a team who focus primarily on client portfolio and asset management issues from a largely quantitative perspective. The team’s mandate is broad in nature and, as such, Client Analytics team members often act as generalists, working on projects that span a wide array of client-focused topics. The group interfaces with multiple parts of the firm, including Portfolio Management, Product Management, and Account Management. The team comprises analysts with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds and takes a very collaborative approach to solving problems.
We are seeking a Quantitative Research Analyst based in Sydney Australia to assist our efforts in building out our Quantitative Solutions efforts for the Australian business.
The team’s key mandates can be summarised as follows:
- Leverage PIMCO’s investment management infrastructure: Deploy PIMCO’s technology, views, and intellectual capital to help clients (CIOs, CEOs, Boards) with the macro issues of investment management, such as asset allocation and risk management.
- Generate thought leadership: Build models, publish research and generate intellectual capital for PIMCO’s Solutions activities.
- Deliver (and present) customised analyses to clients and prospects: Become a trusted investment advisor to help PIMCO win mandates across products and asset classes.
Key Selection Criteria
- PhD strongly preferred in math, engineering, statistics, Actuarial studies or related field
- Minimum 7 years of direct experience in quantitative role in either a financial institution or an Insurance company
- 15 years experience in relevant fields desired
- Prior experience in dealing with financial institutions is a plus
- Strong quantitative background
- Experience in Matlab, Python, and SQL desired
- Good general investment knowledge across asset classes
- Knowledge of Insurance ALM Modelling, and Risk Based Capital would be plus
- Strong production and results orientation and an ability to manage multiple agendas concurrently
- Proven ability navigating within an organization and building relationships with internal stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
- Proactive, well organised, high-energy self-starter who works well in a team
- Able to work effectively and professionally with colleagues of all levels, across multiple geographies