If you are an organized, detail-oriented, deadline driven Information Technology professional with a passion for critical, technical problem solving, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment then we are your next destination employer! Apply to join us (the Freddie Mac Information Technology Department) to develop and execute your IT skills that align with our mission – Right People, Right Role, Right Now. In this role, you will partner with Projects, Business Owners, and Application Owners to ensure carry out the Freddie Mac vision, strategy and brand.
Your work falls into three primary categories:
o Provide level 2 support for all production business applications.
o Perform root cause analysis for incidents.
o Support incident and problem management processes.
o Conduct Impact analysis for infrastructure and application upgrades.
o Maintain knowledge database and articles.
o Assist with application system password management (for PW Management team)
o Perform analysis to resolve application data issues (for CDW ETL team / APP Java team).
o Adapt positively to rapidly growing and changing environment, while working under pressure.
o Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation coverage for all supported applications.
o Document lessons learned.
o Perform other tasks as assigned.
o Apply broad technical knowledge and skills to analyze, develop, create and implement process improvements, trouble shooting, and operational support.
o Code Scripts to perform Data Correction Utilities (for CDW ETL and APP Java team)
o Code JILs (Job Information Language) for scheduling and running jobs with Autosys (for CDW ETL team / APP Java team)
o Collaborate with Release Management on major upgrades and the rollout of new applications.
o Serve as a champion for change.
o Employ extensive professional experience and creativity to lead resolution of complex technical problems.
o Engage with the business users, application owners and other affected parties during incident resolution
o Act as liaison between the business and technical support teams.
o Provide training and coaching to fellow team members.
o Mentor other team members on best practices and past experiences.
* 5-7+ years of application development or support coupled with infrastructure experience.
* Collective experience with databases (Sybase, DB2, SQL, Oracle) and security (firewall, AD, TAM, LDAP, certificate).
* hands on experience with scripting language: UNIX Shell, Perl, etc.
* Strong experience in troubleshooting Unix/Linux, Networks, Firewall, Authentication, Security, DNS.
* Strong support skills in middleware technologies (WebLogic, webMethods, Apache, Tomcat, MQ, IIS, etc.) in UNIX/Linux and/or Windows environment.
* Experience with job automation tools like Autosys or BladeLogic and monitoring tools like SiteScope, Spectrum, etc.
* Support experience on Oracle Fusion Middleware Stack (SOA/OSB/BAM etc.).
* 2+ years of experience on Log monitoring tools like LogLogic, Splunk, etc.
* Strong knowledge of Java, JEE, JSF, JPA, JSP, Web Services, HTML, XML, JDBC, SQL, OOA and OOD Concepts.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
Key to success in this role
* Mainframe and MVS knowledge or experience.
* Knowledge of technologies like DataStage, Informatica.
* Experience in the financial industry, and associated operational processes and related data.
* Hands-on experience with Remedy or Service Now.
* Incident Management and Problem Management experience.
* Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and ability to set priorities.
* Strong data analysis, decision making, problem solving skills, and able to drive incidents to resolution.
* Sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team.
* Demonstrated high level of motivation, confidence, integrity, and responsibility.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
* Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results (i.e., be good, not just look good); be an impact junkie
* Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers (clients) to learn and deliver on their needs
* Partnership – Align myself and my team with what is right for the company
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.