Do you want to rise to the challenges of modern society and shape the technology of tomorrow? Are you good in understanding and explaining complex technical details? Are you passionate about passing on your know-how? Do you enjoy being innovative and you like to actively form the future of a dedicated product family? Then we have a great opportunity for you here at Infineon. Join us as a Field Application Engineer in our Bristol office. The position offers a very stimulating and challenging work in an international environment, together with a highly motivated team.
As a Field Application Engineer (FAE) at Infineon you will mainly support our customers during the evaluation and development of their systems. Furthermore we provide you the opportunity to work on innovative industrial power applications in our highly motivated European FAE Team. You will get the chance to work on creative solutions for tomorrow.
In your new role you will:
- Be the technical interface for our international key industrial power applications (e.g. SMPS and Drives) and home appliance.
- Focus on Design-In Power Semiconductor, Driver’s, Analog- and Digital IC’s to create system solutions.
- Work proactively on optimized system solutions for our customer’s applications together with the entire European FAE team, application experts from the headquarter and the account managers.
- Be the interface for preparing and executing product and applications trainings for customer- and distribution partners in UK.
- Validate the application in the in-house laboratory or on-site together with the customer.
- Lead, drive and coordinate discussions on innovative application approaches with the development teams of our international customers and with our experts in HQ.
You are able to quickly build a trustworthy, constructive cooperation and still respect different views and attitudes. You use the creative potential coming from this, work independently and conscientiously while taking care of reaching your goals. You have a sense for today’s trends and therefore can recognize improvement opportunities for your area. You are quality oriented and remain focused on solutions, even when under pressure.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A University degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Deep understanding of power semiconductors e.g. Power MOSFETS, IGBTS, HS- and LS-Driver, Power Switches (CoolSET), analogue- digital IC’s.
- ≥7 year’s experience in measurement techniques.
- ≥7 year’s experience in SMPS design, including magnetic designs, PCB layout, prototyping, circuit technology, knowledge about passive components for SMPS (capacitors).
- ≥7 year’s experience in practical design verification and troubleshooting.
- ≥7 year’s experience in System level simulation (e.g. MathLab, PSpice, etc.).
- Deep Understanding of the European Industrial SMPS and Lighting market.
- Willingness to travel.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Talent Attraction Manager
TECMAIA - Parque de Ciencia e
Tecnologia da Maia, Rua Eng. Frederico Ulrich 2650
4470-605 Moreira da Maia
We want our customers to be happy. That's why our sales & marketing employees around the world look after our customers - globally as well as locally.
Whether it comes to childcare or a long-awaited break – we want you to be able to balance your personal obligations and desires with your work. At Infineon, you decide together with us how, when, and where you work. Offers such as flextime, sabbaticals, and childcare make it possible.
We offer four equivalent career paths: the Technical Ladder for our technical experts, Management Careers for our executive personnel, the Project Management Career and the Individual Contributor for our knowledge carriers. It’s important to us that our employees continue to develop. We therefore focus on transparency and permeability: switching between career paths is also possible!
Feel free to subscribe to our job alert.