At Ecolab, you can help take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy, and healthy environments. With our worldwide reach and ambitious growth plans, you will have the opportunity to own your future and impact what matters. Are you ready to make an impact?
Ecolab is searching for driven and ambitious Procurement Directors for future opportunities within our Global Procurement team in the Sugarland market. This take charge leader will lead direct procurement activities for assigned chemistries and subcategories.
Reporting to the VP of Procurement, this director role will have global leadership for Ecolab’s procurement operations and drive high impact initiatives across assigned spend, key global materials, and strategic supplier relationships to deliver operational efficiencies, net structural savings and strong OI improvements through internal collaboration with stakeholders. A proven track record of strong leadership, business acumen, and strategic thinking in conjunction with outstanding ability to drive results are essential.
- Leads by example the Ecolab and Global Supply Chain Safety initiatives.
- Responsible for total delivered cost (TDC), security of supply, accelerated supplier innovation and procurement process improvements across the organization in the direct materials categories.
- Develops and drives the overall strategy of directs categories in alignment with Ecolab, functional, and business unit objectives
- Lead and develop strategic supplier relationships at the executive level
- Attract, hire, and retain top talent to ensure appropriate succession planning.
- Coach, mentor, and develop direct/indirect reports within assigned global procurement team to improve skills, execution, and results.
- Develops and deploys organizational structure to support functional strategies. Drives to achieve 100% engagement with the right talent, right people, in the right place.
- Develop global sourcing strategies and drive execution within assigned directs area using TDC Sourcing Principles.
- Establish and update processes and metrics to deliver optimum Total Delivered Cost (TDC) in order to maximize net structural savings
- Maintain awareness of global macro-economic factors that directly impact Ecolab’s procurement costs including global raw material costs, labor cost, transportation cost and foreign exchange. Develop alternate sourcing strategies as these factors begin to negatively impact Ecolab’s purchasing operations
- Contribute to Ecolab acquisitions through participation in due diligence teams, plant consolidation reviews, supplier and material simplification reviews.
Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field (Supply Chain, Business, Technical, Finance)
10 years’ of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Business, Finance or related field
- Strong sourcing experience in the chemical/petrochemicals industry
- Demonstrated history of leadership, teamwork, and project management skills
- Demonstrated competitive drive and strong orientation for results and achievement
- Demonstrated skills in clear communication and presentation
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong presence in interactions with others