Spotify is seeking a dedicated and driven Manager to join its Licensing FP&A team. In this role, you will partner closely with our global Licensing, Legal, and Finance teams to structure, model, and implement financial deal terms across the universe of our music licensing arrangements. Through financial modeling, quantitative analysis, and strategic thinking, you will play a critical role in driving decision-making and execution of Spotify’s licensing strategy and supporting the company’s overall business planning and forecasting process.
This role is based in NYC and will report to the Head of Licensing FP&A. There will be occasional travel to our headquarters in Stockholm and other regional offices.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage financial modeling, scenario analysis, and business insights to support our global Licensing team with the negotiation of Spotify’s music licensing deals.
- Build and own complex models that analyze and project the financial impact of deal terms across our various geographies. Translate model outputs into licensing proposals and negotiation strategies for our deal teams to use.
- Partner closely with Spotify’s Legal, Accounting, Royalties, and Reporting teams to interpret and implement deal terms, track the financial performance of our licensing deals, and assess risks and opportunities.
- Play a critical role in the quarterly FP&A planning and forecasting process by building detailed royalty projection models and translating the latest deal intelligence into P&L expectations.
What you bring:
- 4-8 years of experience in a complex and data-driven business environment. Familiarity with SaaS and/or content licensing business models is a plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills and business acumen, with the ability to drive projects from start to finish. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid of detail and granularity, but can also think and operate at a higher level.
- A proven track record of partnering cross-functionally with various stakeholders to produce and deliver well-synthesized analyses, narratives, and recommendations to diverse audiences, including senior management.
- Advanced Excel skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency, data cubes, pivot tables, and macros.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools and databases. SQL querying skills and familiarity with big data are preferred.
- Comfort navigating complex and fluid organizational structures within a fast-moving and global company. You will need to build and maintain cross-functional relationships spanning multiple teams and geographies.
- The ability to stay proactive and dynamic in a rapidly changing environment. A mindset that is analysis, process, and solutions-oriented.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.