The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our fast-paced team and help drive AWS adoption in the Financial Services industry.
As a Financial Services Compliance Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with executives and influencers at all levels. You will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with financial institutions, from FinTech startups to the largest global financial entities in the world.
Strategically, AWS Financial Services (FSI) Compliance Project Managers are part of the Financial Services Compliance team and seek to understand the needs of Financial Services customers, the overall trends in the industries, how customers define success, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in developing and delivering compliance solutions. Compliance Project Managers play an active role in developing business cases, analyzing project goals, creating plans to achieve those goals, and then driving AWS team members, stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third-parties to achieve those goals while addressing industry-specific execution challenges.
Tactically, AWS FSI Compliance Project Managers are responsible for managing project scope, schedule, and resources. Our FSI Compliance Project Managers leverage AWS’s delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources. They leverage their management and leadership capabilities to identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion.
Through their understanding of our Financial Services customers, industry rules, regulations, requirements and governance best practices, Project Managers build solutions for addressing the regulatory compliance requirements of our worldwide customer base.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in business case development, project goal creation and analysis, and in the creation of execution plans for achievement
- Manage project scope, schedule, and resources
- Create strategic development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction
- Execute tactical development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including compliance specialists, security assurance, public policy, business development managers, sales teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams
- Identify and manage risks, resolve issues, and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion
- Understand the unique technical and regulatory requirements of financial services customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for our largest and most complex customers
- Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand.