You will be responsible for bringing new technologies to life.
DXC leads clients on their digital transformation journey, providing innovative next-generation technology solutions and services that leverage industry expertise, global scale, technology independence and an extensive partner community.
For more information, visit the company's website at https://www.dxc.technology/
Due to the sustained growth of our DXC Open Health Connect, we are looking for a Digital Transformation candidate with technical background in healthcare interoperability and cloud technologies areas to be part of the solutioning team creating the architecture required to translate customer business requirements into specific systems and applications for information technology solutions.
The essential Job Functions of this position are the following:
- Lead consultative engagements with clients on the technical and business challenges related to their interoperability, big data and rapid apps development initiatives
- Defines and manages the architectural roadmap for one or more platforms, products or services. Provides subject matter expertise in how business present high-level overviews of the DXC Open Health Connect and DXC Healthcare Cloud architecture and integration capabilities.
- To confidently articulate all aspects of solution and persuasively communicates value to the client, interacting with CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and Business representatives
- Provide clinical outcome, operational efficiency and performance improvement engagements and consulting services for Healthcare customers.
- To work individually, in teams or as leader, to determine customer requirements in complex outsourced environments.
- To interact effectively with team, pursuit leaders, internal governance and business leadership to advance sales efforts.
- Conducts and/or participates in customer's process analysis in order to understand business complexities and constraints and recommends technical improvements. Evaluates existing process, and recommends and implements improvements.
- Develops complex information technology business architecture methods and procedures.
- Develops systematic business plans to ensure that plans are compatible with the needs of the customer.
- Defines conceptual architectures for business capabilities at a high level to ensure that implementations meet business goals and are consistent with the customer's target state architecture.
The main skills required are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a technology related topic
- English business proficiency
- At least 5 years of work experience applying architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges
- Strong interoperability knowledge (SOA, ESB or ETL experience desirable), Healthcare exposure and HL7, FHIR, DICOM, Snomed CT, LOINC, ICD, etc…. integration and data standards knowledge.
- Wide background as (Lead) Enterprise Architect with extensive expertise in full stack cloud solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, Big Data, …)
- Knowledge of non-functional aspects of IT Architecture (Performance, Resilience, Availability, Security etc.)
- Understanding of IT infrastructure, preferably with middleware/integration technologies, DevOps.
- Willingness to travel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with clients and team members
It will be highly valued:
- Strong expertise in clinical health care delivery workflows within acute and/or ambulatory settings; creating and evaluating clinical work flows to determine technology and process change recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to translate technical language into client language