Staff Counselor/Case Manager and Referral Specialist
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at The College of New Jersey enthusiastically welcomes applications for a full-time (10-month) Staff Therapist to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team.
Responsibilities include providing short-term individual counseling, group counseling, conducting intake assessments, and providing leadership for outreach to underrepresented student populations. Expertise in crisis intervention, strong clinical skills, and the ability to manage a full client caseload are required. This position actively participates in the clinical supervision and training of graduate students and psychology interns. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to working effectively from a multicultural orientation with our diverse college population and be proficient at providing clinical case management and referral services for college students.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstration of clinical experience and interest in clinical case management and referral services.
- Demonstrated experience providing goal-focused, short-term counseling to a late adolescent/adult population.
- Experience in a college/university counseling setting.
- Demonstration of being a well-rounded clinician with individual, group, crisis intervention, outreach, triage, case management, and referral skills.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree supplemented by a Master's degree in a field related to the position to be filled or equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in an institution of higher education or in education, higher education or other field that is directly related to the functions of the position to be filled or equivalency as determined by the appointing authority.
- Licensed (or licensed eligible) in a mental health field.
- The ability to collaborate with other areas of the College and excellent communication, organizational and effective leadership skills are highly desirable.
- Experience and interest in working collaboratively with a diverse, professional staff.
- Experience and/or interest in a holistic, health and wellness model of mental health highly desirable.
The College offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and prescription plans, as well as pension, paid leave time and tuition savings programs. This position has the state title of Professional Services Specialist 2-10. It is included for membership in the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) bargaining unit. The starting salary for this position is $60,667.50. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and a list of 3 professional references. The review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A final offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and receipt of official transcripts of highest degree earned.
Founded in 1855, TCNJ is a highly selective public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs. The College's seven schools - The Arts and Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering - offer degrees to nearly 6,800 students. The College's distinguished faculty of 348 full-time members provides a 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio, and eighty-five percent of classes have enrollments of 30 or fewer. TCNJ's picturesque campus is located on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, approximately five miles from New Jersey's state capital of Trenton, and 60 minutes from both Philadelphia and New York City. A 95 percent freshman to sophomore retention rate and a six-year graduation rate of 86 percent speak to the quality of the TCNJ experience.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.