The Head of Business Excellence manages the Training function site PMO and the Operational Excellence function at the site. They sit on the site leadership team and report to the site leader. In addition to functional ownership BE also owns strategy deployment at the site are responsible for ensuring the site OE deployment is aligned with OpU strategy and is executed to global standards owned by Global OE . They ensure CI principles are embedded in the Neuchatel site, maximising product flow and VA activity across site. They are responsible for ensuring the site OE deployment is aligned with site and OpU strategy and is executed to global standards. They ensure that the site OE program supports the development of a continuous improvement culture and shares best practices with the Biologics network as well as adopting network best practices.
They assure the training program of the site is compliant and focused on building a learning organization. They ensure accurate reporting on training status for all site colleagues and that training is owned by all site colleagues and their respective managers.
They ensure the training, PMO and OE teams are adequately resourced to provide support to site and the network.
They will build strong relationships with Site Leadership team and global OE partners.
They lead strategy development and deployment process that aligns every employee to line of sight of site and Business units goals
Owns the site problem solving capability and implements key enablers to ensure the culture on site has a foundation in rigorous data based problem solving and continuous improvement at the operating team levels
They will ensure a dynamic project pipeline exists at site and is reviewed periodically for relevance. They have a relentless focus on variation and ensure the DMAIC methodology is used to resolve issues pertaining to common and special cause variation and each function has capability to manage blue, green and black belt projects.
They ensure a CI loop is present for every deployment of each aspect of the Shire lean management system and process confirmation is a tool used to verify the continued performance of processes.
They coach the SLT to support the CI journey and ensure the CI champions at site are integrated into the site OE team.
Using robust change management skills, the incumbent will communicate across the organization to ensure key stakeholders are aware and supportive of changes and their benefits. This position interacts with all levels of the organization and other BE leads at other network sites in Shire locations as required.
- Neuchâtel plant
- Direct supervision of Business Excellence leaders : Project, Program and Portfolio Management, Operational Excellence, Compliance Excellence, and Compliance Training
- Member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT)
- Provide direct supervision including mentoring, performance management, and staffing decisions to the leaders of the Business Excellence team
- Coordinate strategies, systems and cultural integration toward continuous improvement driving for operational excellence and lean processes
- Direct strategic development process to ensure key measurements and targets are developed for strategic initiatives
- Oversee site strategic and tactical plans.
- Verify business impacts of operational excellence initiatives
- Ensures alignment between site, division and corporate initiatives
- Interact regularly with customers to understand and anticipate their business needs.
- Ensure that all the tasks of the job holder, and of his subordinates (if any), are executed in full respect of the company EHS Policy Statement so as to prevent harm to people or the environment.
- Develop the Operational Excellence Program to align the site towards the long term goal as well as Operational Excellence network initiatives.
- Plan and update on a periodic basis based on business needs and development in industry/ organization and Operational Excellence Professional network across industry progress
- Develop a training program and be a trainer or identify trainer to rollout the Operational Excellence Program as per the training plan
- Influence the organization to ensure Operational Excellence Program is part of every one objective and provide active inputs for the successful completion of the objectives.
- Develop communication, engagement plant so that there is buzz among employees and at the same time the program does not compete with others for attention at site.
- Drive the dashboards into all relevant organizational units (QITs and Value Streams) and manager PMOs
- Track project progress and ensure toll gate reviews are performed on a timely basis
- Transfer best practices across functions and sites as well as to other Baxter and Bioscience units
- Coach, Mentor and Guide Belts and all employees to further the continuous improvement culture and operational excellence
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a technical field/business required, Advanced degree is preferred
- At least eight (8) years of experience in a Quality, Supply Chain or Operations environment required, three (3) years of experience in bio/pharmaceuticals, biotechnology or life sciences industry is desired
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent required with a minimum of four(4) years of experience in practical application (including VSA, cGMP requirements, visual management, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)/QbD, Quality Management Systems (QMS), analytical methods etc.). Specific strength in selection and application of statistical six sigma tools
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing, quality, operations (processing, packaging, cGMPs, global regulatory) or product development required
- Strong coaching experience
- Fluent in English and French
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting
- Proven track record of transforming organization into a lean operation
- Structured/Systems thinking with good technical understanding
- Able to work in a fast and dynamic environment with a high emphasis on achieving results
- Excellent communication & listening skills, can adapt style to the audience
- Must display eagerness to learn, to innovate, drive for solutions and continuously improvement
- Excellent writing skills, able to assimilate complex information, and to translate it into clear, precise reports
Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others