Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is partnering with the MiSK Foundation to train the next generation of tech leaders in Saudi Arabia. Together, GA and MiSK are launching data, web development, UX, and other tech courses at the MiSK Academy. By 2020, this will be one of the largest tech student communities in the Kingdom, with partnerships across most major Saudi and international companies.
General Assembly is looking for a Career Coach to support this Academy in Riyadh.
The goal of the Career Coach is to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps and graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. A balance of ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner, as well as find roles that they are passionate about, is critical for this role.
- Present to students on skills needed to succeed in the workplace that fall outside of the core tech curriculum
- Work 1:1 with students to support them in their job search, providing feedback and support for professional development
- Build relationships with partner companies in Saudi Arabia to ensure that graduates are able to quickly find employment
- Constantly staying informed with the Saudi Arabian job market and needs
- Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed and create new student-facing resources. Be a key thought partner in the curriculum and resource creation
- Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
This role encompasses management of job seeker and alumni programs, as well as industry connections to General Assembly. Working with both the local team and global GA Outcomes team, this position seeks to create a firm relationship between GA, student, and partner companies in Saudi Arabia.
- Familiarity with data analytics; previous experience working in the tech or creative industry.
- Previous recruiting or counseling/coaching experience. Account management or sales experience is a plus.
- Dynamic speaker; engaging & comfortable both one-on-one and delivering to a large group.
- Able to confidently give constructive, positive feedback to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds.
- Previous personal job hunt experience & able to be relatable.
- Resourceful; able to pull educational resources from the community and to tailor lesson plans/meetings based on graduate needs.
- Highly organized & data conscious.
- High emotional intelligence; able to empathize with others and can handle other people’s stress.
- 3+ years professional work experience
- Passionate about education & technology
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity & Innovation - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings. Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.