Senior Education Researcher - Evaluation and Design
SRI Education is committed to bringing rigorous research and evaluation data to bear on important decisions concerning K-12 public education. We are seeking to hire a Senior Education Researcher with the ability to fill a Principal Investigator role in evaluation studies of the implementation and/or efficacy of technology-supported innovations in schools and/or informal learning settings in either our Menlo Park, CA, or Arlington, VA, office. The successful applicant will already have experience as a PI, Co-PI, or project director with the U.S. Department of Education, private foundations, and/or commercial clients.
The Senior Education Researcher will:
• Lead project and proposal teams to design and conduct rigorous research that results in new knowledge and enables educators and policymakers to make decisions about educational technology interventions that have the potential for large-scale positive impact
• Participate in and lead business development efforts to define research and evaluation services focused on K-16 teaching and learning in digital environments, including collaborating with assessment developers to measure academic outcomes and noncognitive skills in innovative ways
• Lead project teams to deliver high-quality research products on time that meet clients’ needs
• Work on multiple ongoing projects related to digital learning technology, particularly those focused on K-16 STEM teaching and learning, including for multi-national as well as domestic clients
• Develop research designs and data collection instruments, and lead quantitative and qualitative data collection and analyses with student, teacher, and school data, including analytics data from technology systems
• Write reports, policy papers, and articles for clients, policymakers, and practitioners, publish in peer-reviewed journals, and present study findings to relevant audiences
• Grow professionally and develop new skills through ongoing collegial support and professional development opportunities, including supporting other leaders and mentoring junior analysts on evaluation design and methodological issues.
Auto req ID
Arlington, VA, Menlo Park, CA
--There are no additional requirements for this position.
Qualified candidates must have:
• Doctorate in Education, Public Policy, or a Social Science discipline or comparable experience
• At least 5 years’ research experience including at least two years as a PI, Co-PI, or project director on large and complex projects
• Strong conceptual and analytic skills
• Knowledge of K-12 schools and colleges and current issues in K-16 education
• Experience with technology-supported educational innovations in schools and informal learning settings, including evaluations of technology-supported educational innovations
• Experience with design and implementation of quasi-experimental and experimental evaluation designs
• Strong writing and communication skills
• A passion to improve education for all students
• Commitment to collaborative work
• Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, work well to deadlines, and understand and support client needs.
Qualified applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Candidates with the following experiences preferred:
• Training or experience in advanced quasi-experimental designs and quantitative analysis including regression discontinuity, propensity score matching, and difference-in-differences approaches.
• Track record of winning competitive bid contracts and grants;
• Successful business and client development;
• Prior publications in peer-reviewed journals on statistical methods and evaluation methods;
• Willingness to travel 6-8 times a year for client meetings, conferences, and site visits.
Candidates should include a cover letter that sketches the opportunity they see in engaging with SRI Education.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.