We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We're looking for an IT Engineer to join our team and help manage our linux desktops!
- Provide technical guidance for our client platform engineering efforts: Linux
- Work with engineering teams to design and build custom Linux hardware
- Build helpdesk focused tools to improve efficiency around the most common requests/incidents
- Develop automation workflows and integrations to make our applications work better
- Subject matter expert in linux, linux monitoring, and linux configuration management
- Own corporate Ubuntu Landscape- managing patches, upgrades and improvements
- Manage large projects with multiple dependencies and production timeline implications
- Final point of escalation for IT Operations (Linux Support)
- Write and provide documentation on IT related systems and knowledge base areas
- Writing scripts in Powershell, Bash, or Python
- Assist other sysadmins and IT engineers with their projects when needed
- Own projects from beginning requirements gathering to completion
- Participate in on-boarding, training and mentoring team members.
- Work with Infrastructure, Security and other teams to drive better security practices across our applications and implement solutions to increase productivity for IT and end users.
- Proactive monitoring for business systems.
- 3-5+ years in a hands-on technical environment providing Linux and Sys Admin support
- Extensive experience supporting a large desktop fleet of Ubuntu endpoints via Landscape
- IT systems generalist with senior level experience in configuration management, deployment, automation, applications, and security`
- Use integrations, webhooks, and API connections to securely tie systems together.
- Experience with one or more scripting/coding languages (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work with commercial and open source tools to extend our world-class hybrid model
- The ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, handle and complete multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with a passion for thorough systems documentation.
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless user experiences, and a pulse for the future of client engineering
- Familiar in designing, deploying and managing Configuration Management using Ansible.
- Genuine passion for IT solutions with an unbounded desire to learn.
- For this role, you'll need to be highly collaborative and customer support focused.
- AWS Experience in a production environment or another Cloud Provider
- Terraform/Docker/Kubernetes Experience in a production environment
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience with applications integrations
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.