Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 95 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Inc. sites.
Reporting to our Director LATAM, Caribbean Ad Sales, as a Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) you will be directly accountable for executing on and helping to define market strategy, negotiating, closing and renewing online advertising campaigns, attending industry and market events on behalf of Expedia and have complete revenue responsibility for a sizeable portfolio of existing, strategic online advertisers in the Caribbean.
The primary focus is on maintaining and growing existing business, as well as identifying new growth markets/opportunities within the region. In addition, the ability to articulate and execute successful go-to-market strategies for each sub region is critical. As an ideal fit for this role, you have a proven track record of effectively influencing the most senior decision makers within agencies and travel companies.
- Sales Strategy: Drive and execute strategy to grow Media Solutions business in the Caribbean. Responsible for identifying key businesses in the travel and non-travel sectors and selling the benefits of partnering with Expedia as an advertising partner of choice.
- Sales Negotiation: Own and lead the advertising sales process end-to-end from identification of new prospects, to developing an understanding of client needs and mapping those needs with planning and strategic selling. Including a portfolio of domestic and international partnerships.. Will provide customers with a consultative sales experience and build /enhance long-term strategic relationships with existing partnerships through up-selling, cross-selling, etc.
- Partner Launch/ Internal Stakeholder Management: Oversee the launch & on-going, day-to-day performance of advertising partnerships and influence across other functions (including internal supply teams, marketing, operations, billing, product & media planners) to ensure successful campaign delivery and resolve issues as they arise.
- Demonstrated ability to meet revenue targets and effectively build client facing relationships, pitch and influence at senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate client issues through to resolution, analyze clients' needs and identify creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to identify revenue opportunity through analysis and optimize revenue gains for Media Solutions through creative deals
- Strong communication skills important both internally and externally, both verbally and in writing
- Evangelize MeSo internally and work with internal supply teams to increase value of partner
- Need to be structured, organized and able to prioritize to meet demands of the role
- The ability to travel frequently is required and sometimes includes weekends.
- Please note this is an office-based role in Miami.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 5-10 years working in Travel or Media sales industries
- Experience working in the Caribbean markets and Caribbean clients.
- English and Spanish are required
- You have experience in client facing roles, preferably in a sales capacity
- You have experience/high comfort level with PowerPoint, excel, and salesforce (preferred) and be comfortable retrieving and interpreting data from various databases, including translating takeaways into PowerPoint slides
Expedia is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment with
a diverse workforce.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.