We require a Senior Developer to join our PM Applications Group. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and talented Developer to work directly with business users and take responsibility for developing and supporting portfolio/risk management/regulatory applications.
The Developer will demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the complete software development process (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Verification, and Maintenance). The successful candidate must have strong Java programming skills (with complete understanding of Object Oriented Programming Paradigm, Design Patterns and frameworks) and SQL (Oracle).
- Development of new applications through analysis, design, coding, and testing; as well as the daily support and maintenance of existing applications.
- Identify the scope of assigned projects, generating solutions to technical issues and providing deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. These efforts will involve:
- Working with analysts, team members, and business users to fully understand requirements and processes.
- Working with other development team members to develop and implement enhancements to applications.
- Investigating and resolving bugs identified after communication directly with end users.
- Provide on-call support and functional assistance to end users.
- You will have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths. Advanced degree preferred.
- You have 5+ years C# .NET/Java development experience.
- You have experience with SOA technologies including SOAP, WCF, RPC, XML and Web Services.
- You have experience with UNIX/Linux environments and scripting languages (Perl, UNIX Shell, etc.) a plus.
- You have experience with enterprise relational databases, such as Oracle and Sybase.
- You will have the eventual ability to be able to work autonomously on increasingly complex enhancements.
- You have the willingness to work hard, including occasional nights and weekends when circumstances dictate.
- You will embody the key competencies and leadership skills necessary to be successful at PIMCO (i.e. Learning Agility, Results Orientation, Intellectual Rigor, Emotional Intelligence, etc.)
- Familiarity with buy-side front to back business processes and operations
- Basic knowledge in finance and Fixed income products
- Analytics skills highly desirable to interact with business users
- The ability to manage projects and work in a distributed team environment.