This challenging position puts you at the forefront of interactions with Oracle Retail applications’ customers. As a Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer (IC3)/Principal Software Engineer (IC4) you will be responsible for:
· Providing support on the Oracle Retail product applications, as assigned.
· Managing and resolving Service Requests logged by customers.
· Managing customer expectations through the Service Request lifecycle in accordance with Oracle’s global standards.
· Operating in line with Bug Diagnosis and Escalation/ Development Bug guidelines in resolution of Bug related Service Requests.
· Reducing escalations.
· Maintaining product expertise in assigned cluster.
· Contributing to Knowledge Management content’s creation and maintenance.
· Participating in Root Cause/ Corrective Action defined within the product area in order to further enhance the customer experience and improve the Oracle product.
· Maintaining an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products released in the market for the given product area.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Educational Qualifications: B.E. (Comp Sc), MCA, M.Sc.(Comp Sc.), M.S.(Comp. Sc.).
· Proven experience in an application software environment working with Oracle Retail Applications and/ or Oracle Applications. Support for IT applications it is an advantage.
· Knowledge of relational DB models, SQL and PL/SQL.
· Experience in Retail or Manufacturing disciplines of Merchandise/Materials Planning, Financial Planning, Forecasting, Replenishment, Warehouse Distribution, and Store Operations.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
· Strong customer service attitude (Customer Focus) with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to resolve complex, technical problems
· Excellent verbal and written skills in English are a must
· This job might require limited travel to customer sites or training sites.
· This job might require flexible work hours or shift work hours
LOCATION: Bangalore or Hyderabad.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Regular Employee Hire