We Are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Technical Program Manager – EADP Gameplay Services
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivery of online services.
Gameplay Service (GS) is a central team that provides our game teams with matchmaking, achievements, networking, statistics, leaderboards, secure storage, VOIP, and much more. Successful execution requires alignment of schedules and requirements between other GS team, other central teams, and EA’s game teams.
The Program Managers in GS work with the Product and Development Managers as well as internal stakeholders to review and refine requirements, work with the Development team in developing both the design and the plans, and then track and coordinate the development, delivery, and successful use of our technology by the game teams.
• Lead the planning and delivery of our online services and their integration to our internal games.
• Balance goals and roadmaps from Product Management with estimates and capacity constraints from Development to deliver the best plan possible.
• Support Product Management by working with the Dev team and internal stakeholders (central teams, game teams) to refine requirements for development.
• Manage the project development plan, including: schedule, tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities, and costs.
• Track and report on progress to management.
• Identify and resolve risks to the delivery of quality products.
• Coordinate releases, including tracking bug/quality metrics, and ensuring alignment of schedules with customers, our testing group, and other technology groups.
• Work with the other Program Managers to constantly refine and improve our processes
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Requirements specification or design experience.
• Experience developing technology products.
• Exceptional communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
• Understanding of the technical architecture of web applications and/or other client/server products.
• Experience taking a product idea from concept through launch.
• Experience in the gaming industry.
• Passion for gaming.