Location: San Francisco
Head of Influencer Relations
While traditional journalists and analysts continue to play a critical role in shaping perceptions about cloud, a new breed of influencers are also driving these conversations. They use the scale and scope of social media and traditional networking to shape opinions and drive organizations’ technology decisions. The Head of Influencer Relations for Anaplan is tasked with deepening our understanding and engagement with the media and analysts we know, as well as this new type of influencer. By both building direct relationships and empowering other teams to do the same, this role will help support the company’s goals and drive awareness for Anaplan.
The person in this role will be an investigator, organizer, communicator and a relationship-builder. Primary responsibilities will include finding out who the most influential people are on a given topic, and how we can assure two-way engagement; educating internal audiences about the new players shaping public perception in our areas of focus; understanding what are our competitors are doing with the communities of opinion makers. The ultimate goal of this position is to lead the strategy development and drive execution aimed at building long-term relationships with influencers who shape perceptions and create awareness for Anaplan and the value of Connected Planning.
This position will lead all media and influencer engagement, and will work cross-functionally with strategic communications, social media, analyst relations and executive communications in delivering business impact with defined measurement.
- Develop the influencer relations strategy and program in the context of company goals and the integrated marketing campaigns; primarily responsible for execution (ability to align influencer focus with target campaign)
- Identify and develop opportunities for aligned programming with Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing and Events teams
- Develop strong knowledge of the cloud technology industry media, influencers and communities to design and execute programs aligned to key objectives
- Educate internal audiences on the new opportunity and concept of engaging with influencers as an Anaplan advocate; providing bridge / coordination point between influencer and internal sponsor
- Set appropriate KPIs and analyze results to ensure ongoing success; track, report, and share learnings with relevant stakeholders
- Share knowledge of the space with the broader communications function to enhance the team’s understanding of, and success, with influencers
- Possess positive relationships with multiple traditional media, analysts and non-traditional influencers relevant to Anaplan market, and ability to leverage those relationships to Anaplan’s market advantage
- Ability to build relationships and make professional connections with a variety of target influencers across social and owned platforms
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts from a high level or deep technical level
- Strategic mindset and ability to see the big picture and market context; be able to develop departmental strategy from the ground-up
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Executive presence to influence internal stakeholders at all levels
- Working knowledge of communications and social media functions
- Experience and track record of success in B2B market
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related field; background in communications, alliance marketing, business development, issues management or similar career
- A minimum of 10+ years in Public Relations / Media Relations / Social Media Communications