We are looking for a full-time, native English-speaking, technical writer to join our product team in Tel Aviv, Israel.
The Sr. Technical Writer will be customer-oriented, and will deliver technical documentation that helps users learn and get the most out of our product while also helping to drive content strategy. The focus will be on determining how to best support a customer’s ability to self-service their information needs, using a mixture of in-product help, onscreen text, multimedia, and more. The Sr. Technical Writer will work with a cross-functional product team, where they will use their background in content strategy and user interface to contribute to feature development from the ground up.
In addition to delivering content, the Sr. Technical Writer will help drive the user experience and delivery strategies for content. This entails reviewing and providing recommendations for improving Intacct’s technology used for content generation and delivery.
- Drive all aspects of documentation development from planning through release
- Plan content that supports customers’ information needs, using a mixture of in-product help, onscreen text, multimedia, and more
- Research, write, maintain, and publish high-quality content, and ensure material is accessible and available to customers
- Interview subject matter experts and get hands-on with the product, learning all aspects of product setup and usage
- Review or create user interface text, such as field and menu labels, in collaboration with User Experience designers
- Drive the day-to-day content work with your feature team in Tel Aviv, while maintaining close ties and consistency with the larger Documentation team in the United States
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical writer
- English as a first language, with excellent verbal and written skills
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree; a degree in the United States is desirable (or in a different English speaking country)
- Experience writing technical customer-facing material, including online content
- Experience creating detailed content plans, including audience and task analysis
- Ability to write clear, detailed instructions s, through hands-on product usage and collaboration with the product team
- Ability to write and edit within tight deadlines
- Proficiency in RoboHelp, Madcap Flare or other online authoring tools is an advantage
- Experience with financial software is an advantage
- Experience in writing user interface text is desirable
- Periodic travel to the United States is required (2-3 times a year).