Taking charge of delivery of software solutions for the Equity Swap strategic functions out of India. Responsibility of building team capable of delivering to highest Engineering Excellence standards, using Test Driven Development, Pair Programming and other Agile practices.
The Delta One business have ambitious 2018/2019 business expansion plans that will ultimately require a 10x growth in our capacity to process Swap trades and positions.
Similar ambitions exist within the Derivatives business, most notably involving the growth of the Structured Notes capacity.
Current capability is inhibited by fundamental architectural flaws in post-trade aspects of the Equity Swaps platform. The strategy is to converge the two flows into functionally distinct horizontally-scalable services that will vastly increase capacity and functionality for the D1 business.
• Build and lead the India D1 team responsible for the evolution of the Swaps platform (PFS) towards the emergent post-trade strategic end state.
• Evolve the team culture and drive capability uplift of the existing team to reach the highest standards of Engineering Excellence – focused on quality of code, testing and engagement with business and global IT teams.
• Create a team that is able to deliver strategic solutions on JVM/Linux technology stack.
• Drive evolution of technical standards and capabilities around quality software delivery, including test driven development, refactoring, pair programming, continuous integration, iterative delivery, etc.
• Promote an environment and culture that will attract, inspire and retain top quality software developers
• Nurture the development of other strong technical leaders within the team
• Tertiary-level degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics
• Relevant experience building out high performance Agile teams within comparable Financial Services companies
• Broad Equities technology experience
• Linux/JVM design and architecture
• Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
• Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services
• Strong technical leadership (required)
• Business partnership (required)
• People leadership (required)
• Organisational / cultural change (required)