May 25, 2018
Europe, Middle East, Africa-Hungary-Hungary-Budapest Bachelor's Degree
Other Full Time Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Funding Technology group is responsible for building out and supporting a data platform for stock loan, repo and collateral activity. The data platform is used to drive key business analytics and decisions as well as supporting the data reporting needs of our businesses. It holds multiple years of historical data on hundreds of billions of dollars worth of positions, and leveraging this data to drive commercial decisions is of immense business value. For example we are starting to use Machine Learning off this data set to automate certain trading decisions, and we leverage this data to make pricing decisions underlying our trading activity.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity of working closely with key business and technology stakeholders to build out the platform to support the data analytics needs of the securities lending and repo desks. They will have the opportunity to work with columnar and distributed databases and related technologies to build a highly performant warehouse capable of supporting the ever evolving analytic needs of the business.
A key area of focus will be building/enhancing tooling to streamline data on-boarding and distribution capabilities of the platform.
- You will be working closely with business and technology stakeholders to understand their objectives and requirements. Distilling these into deliverables and taking ownership of the delivery of these across all stages of the development lifecycle.
- You should have proven experience of working with business users, forming and managing strong working relationships.
- You should have experience in data modelling and SQL that you could utilise in this role and be comfortable working across all layers of the technology stack.
- You will have the opportunity to work as part of a global team, across multiple work streams, will be self-motivated and able to structure and prioritise tasks in order to achieve business deliverables.
- Strong SQL and data modelling skills
- Experience of working on MPP/Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop/Greenplum/DB2 DPF)
- Understanding of distributed computing and related frameworks (e.g Spark)
- Experience of using agile development practices
- OO programming experience with knowledge of Java, Scala, Python or C#
- Experience of Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development
- Liquibase or other database change management tools
- Strong desire to develop business knowledge
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.