Requisition ID: 74962
Kiewit is looking to expand its engineering technology department into a world class organization able to supports Kiewit’s operational and development needs as it relates to engineering applications, especially Kiewit’s fully integrated SmartPlant environment. This position will work with other team members, Engineering and Design Departments to provide operational and development support. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Backup and restore projects within Smart 3D.
• Managing and creating reporting options in Smart 3D.
• Creating View styles and drawings for Structural, Electrical and Mechanical desciplines.
• Creating custom symbols for Smart 3D.
• New development and automation using C#.
• Creating rules for RuleChecker service.
• Identifying potential areas where policies & procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
• Identifying opportunities to reduce overall costs and improve end user performance
• Identifying potential service level problems and facilitating solutions
• Scheduling and prioritizing work to accommodate user needs with minimum impact
• Continually seeking opportunities to increase end-user satisfaction.
• Documenting changes and processes for Administrators and designers.
• Experience in Smart 3D design workflows and development
• Immense knowledge of Smart3D database structure.
• Programming skills using Visual Basic, C# .net
• Relevant engineering and/or construction industry experience is preferred
• Experience using and supporting MicroStation J, V8, or V8i
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Drafting, Developer, Database, Engineering, Technology