McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Cork, Ireland
We are searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our new cybersecurity software engineering team within the enterprise technology services (ETS) business unit. This team is creating the next generation of cyber protection cognitive software automation products, utilising data sensing, transformation, machine intelligence and user interface technologies. The team is a brand-new team, and this person will get the opportunity to be involved in a start up like team building great products from the ground up. Primary deliverables will be automation of security tasks, integration of security tools, custom software solutions as needed, software driven cloud (X-as-a-Service) security, and occasional application security expertise.
- Important team member to help ideate, create and develop a suite of microservices to help automate several existing workflows that exist in our cybersecurity domain such as correlations, alerting, analysis, and event review processes
- Build towards a iSoC platform would host robotic software applications that will reduce cost, increase threat accuracy and increase intelligence available to security analysts.
- Help to interpret the business landscape of application, assets and tools to discover opportunities to prevent, predict, detect and respond to cyber threats.
- Assist in creating a custom suite of machine learning models to interpret threats and provide risk intelligence
- Contribute towards thought leadership across the business through presentations, demos and video calls with business sponsors / product owners.
- Integrate various cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventive control sets
- Create unique, custom software solutions to achieve security goals when COTS/OSS solutions are not available or viable
- Security solutions for cloud (X-as-a-Service) systems where security principals are codified and integrated directly into application designs and blueprints/formations
- Systems analysis and software development efforts that align with devops, devsecops, and agile-related approaches
- Application security support including application penetration testing and R&D when needed
- Data exchanges with internal and external security intelligence platforms
- Mentoring and developing junior software engineers
- Have fun! - contribute towards a productive yet fun team environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in software, computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in a development team environment, preferably Agile.
- 3+ years’ experience in Java development
- 1+ years’ experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with testing frameworks, libraries and principals – JUnit, RestAssured, Mockito, TDD
- Experience with container-based technologies is a big advantage – Docker
- Experience with container orchestration tools – Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos
- CI/CD and Automated Testing experience would be great
- Microservices experience - Spring Cloud or equivalent
- Experience working with messaging frameworks such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka.
- API experience, REST or similar
- Front end and UI experience is a plus – Angular, Bootstrap
- Experience building and deploying applications and data to platforms such as Azure, GCP, Cloud Foundry or AWS
- Experience building automated solution to replicate simple and complex workflows in organisation such as single workflow, robotic handover, machine learning is a distinct advantage
- Linux administration skills a plus
- Solid scripting capability, python and/or bash is a plus
- Infrastructure as Code is a plus - Terraform
- Configuration management software such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet is a plus
- Ability to understand the business and technical requirements while developing the associated content and documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills
- Ability to establish goals, objectives, and work plans
- Demonstrate a growth mind-set – willingness to learn through collaboration
- Knowledge of core security principles is a plus
May 24, 2018