Qualys is seeking an experienced Salesforce Architect to join our team. This role is responsible for end-to-end architecture and high-level solution design, including integrations and SSO. It provides technical oversight, guidance and coaching during discovery, as well as aligning with IT governance standards for processes like tool selection.
- Be a go-to person for the Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Force.com)
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Work closely with business partners to understand business requirements
- Work closely with various technology teams (Engineering, Operations, IT, etc.) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the Salesforce technologies
- Lead development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices and code quality techniques
- Establish and improve development standards and development processes
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Responsible for the detailed design of technical solutions, Proof-of-Concepts (POC), prototyping and documentation of technical design throughout the SDLC process
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with key technology team members
- Create prototypes in support of solution architecture activities
- Produce quality code for assigned development tasks
- Stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications available from 3rd parties on the Salesforce AppExchange
- Stay current on Salesforce integration tools and best practices
- Stay current on emerging technologies in the areas of SDLC tools, Continuous Integration and automation technologies
- Partner with other vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps.
- Provide Level 3 production support for assigned applications.
- Provide support for application deployment activities.
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Assist with Salesforce platform management tasks such as app evaluations, profiles/org hierarchy design, integration with other systems, capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, etc.
- Create and enable best practices, governance measures, and patterns for custom and configured solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent or appropriate business experience that shows equivalent talent
- 10+ years of combined IT experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5+ years of architecture experience across various Salesforce clouds (Sales, Marketing, Service and Platform clouds etc.).
- 4+ years of development experience on the Salesforce platform (Apex, VisualForce, etc.).
- Certified SFDC Architect, Advanced Developer and/or Developer strongly preferred
- 2+ years of object-oriented programming experience using Java and/or C#
- 2+ years of experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce technologies (clouds, offerings, custom development, integration, etc.)
- Experience integrating salesforce with 3rd party system using web services and app exchange apps
- 2+ years of experience with custom SDLC processes such as code versioning, packaging, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation, code analysis and code quality metrics.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile development methods and practices
- Ability to foster new ideas and concepts
- Ability to mentor and coach other developers.