The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to address compliance, financial, and operational risks as well as perform internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis. You will assess the client’s current state internal controls and SOX framework in order to mitigate risk.
Skills and attributes for success
- Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues.
- Brief the engagement team on the client's IA environment and trends.
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, and operational risks along with performing internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis. Assess internal controls and SOX framework in order to mitigate risk and apply it to client situations
- Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business. Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or master's degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as an IA auditor or IA risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
- Bring your significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) assessing internal controls frameworks, including testing of design and operational effectiveness. (b) developing risk remediation strategies. (c) performing and interpreting gap analysis (d) experience in Enterprise Resource Management and related risk analysis, process analytics, and business intelligence.
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification is desired; If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified within 1 year from your date of hire.
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The autonomy to use a variety of skills to accomplish goals within a designated service line
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth, plus the opportunity to provide feedback and mold future leaders
- An excellent team of colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.