At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is FTT Financial Systems team responsible for?
FTT Financial Systems endeavors to maintain enduring partnerships, provide quality technology services and solutions, and enable new capabilities which scale to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
FTT Financial Systems is responsible for all Application Development and technology project delivery for the FT Finance organization, specifically focusing on the Financial Strategies, Global Accounting, Tax & Treasury, Global Accounting Reporting and Financial Operations business units. Our goal is to be a strategic partner to FT Finance’s Senior Leaders in defining and executing its current and future business & technology vision and roadmap for expanding the breadth of their service offerings to FTI. Our focus is to identify and leverage emerging technology solutions to modernize Finance’s current technology stack.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of an FTI Associate Project Manager?
The FTI Associate Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of a project over the entire project life cycle and is required to have experience in executing small to medium sized, global, complex enterprise projects across all business and technology activities and resources.
The FTI Associate Project Manager must be well versed in project management methodology, including Agile SCRUM or Discipline Agile Delivery, with an extensive background of project successes. The FTI Associate Project Manager should possess the ability to ﬁnd creative solutions to achieve business objectives and to address issues that jeopardize project goals or timing, within budget or resource constraints.
The FTI Associate Project Manager ensures projects are of high quality, cost effective, strategically aligned with business objectives and achieve sustainable change and business benefits. He or she should effectively interact with executive, business, and functional leadership to craft projects to materialize the business strategy. Taking ownership to design and develop approaches to projects that they implement themselves or are implemented by others, while ensuring that the strategic directions of projects are in line with business objectives. He or she should be effective in leveraging his or her expertise to drive and/or influence decision making on all aspects of the project activities and mitigate erroneous decisions.
As part of the Financial Systems Team he or she will be responsible for the project delivery and implementation of technology initiatives in support of Franklin’s Finance departments. Projects will range in size and complexity and are likely to include: (1) software upgrades (2) custom software development, (3) new implementations; and (4) technology infrastructure upgrades.
The FTI Associate Project Manager typically manages 3-8 projects of various sizes and in various states of the lifecycle.
The FTI Associate Project Manager is experienced in developing and managing to MS Project Plans and/or JIRA Story Boards, preparing and presenting project status to upper management and executives, producing and communicating status reports, estimating/managing/tracking project resources and costs, conducting and driving project meetings, identifying and managing project related issues, and performing other project administrative functions.
- Define and manage project scope, objectives, and benefits.
- Determine project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule.
- Develop and execute implementation, change, and transition plans.
- Identify and develop contingency plans to mitigate and address risks.
- Define and communicate team member roles and expectations.
- Assign and monitor work of team members, providing timely guidance and feedback (matrix reporting).
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Facilitate meetings/discussions of cross-functional groups to define, prioritize, and resolve complex issues.
- Develop and manage project governance including steering committee meetings, sponsor meetings, project team meetings, status reports, etc.
- Negotiate with and influence stakeholders and sponsors to set expectations and build consensus around project objectives.
- Ensure business readiness and the successful deployment of the solution
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of cross-functional, cross-disciplinary project management and business analysis experience
- Experience writing business requirements
- Experience managing small to medium sized projects (e.g., under $500,000)
- Experience managing projects with multi-month time lines (e.g., duration of 3 to 12 months)
- Experience managing distributed project teams
- Experience developing strategic business plans
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience managing organization change and communication required
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Consulting and/or multi-discipline experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project management certification (e.g., PMI, PMP) highly preferred
- Quality management experience (e.g., Six Sigma, Juran, Deming) preferred
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Broad knowledge of FTI products, systems, functions (and Business Units), marketing, and/or service policies and procedures is preferred but not required
- Finance domain-specific knowledge and experience highly desired
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees’ families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
Job Posting Date
May 23, 2018, 5:14:18 AM