Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) delivers customized monitoring solutions that address the unique technology drivers of Consumer organizations including Card Services, Consumer and Business Banking, and Mortgage Banking.
As an Monitoring Engineer, you will be part of the team that is responsible for the end-to-end event monitoring infrastructure of business-aligned applications using a variety of tools including: BSM Topaz, CA APM, Splunk, CA Capacity Manager, Dynatrace, Empirix, etc. Responsibilities include:
- Work load management including scoping, estimation, level of effort, prioritization of work
- 24x7 Support management of the monitoring environment using tools including Wily, Dynatrace, Tivoli, Splunk, Empirix, etc.
- Participation in the architecture and strategy programs, with the ability to drive design of as well as implementation of the strategic vision
- Oversight of the enterprise relationships with teams responsible for support and management of GTI-supported services as well as services provided to other LOBs
- Design and development of monitoring solutions via various products
- Perform system monitoring, capacity, patch and performance management
- Transfer of specific application knowledge to other team members
- 3 to 5 years of solid UNIX (Linux) administration.
- Solid understanding of Perl, Shell or Python scripting a must
- Advanced written and oral communication capabilities; ability to influence and successfully interface with other team members
- Strategic understanding of UNIX and Windows technologies
- Prior experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization
- Advanced technical problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Proven track record of delivering applications all the way through all phases of an application development life cycle.
Application development & client server environment experience preferably on Automation technologies.
Experience with mission critical real-time reporting applications is preferred.
Prior experience of successful delivery of projects using an agile development lifecycle approach.
Understanding of Relational Database such as DB2/Oracle/SQL Server, using JDBC or Hibernate
Strong, clear communication skills; oral, written, and email.
Strong customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Past experience with monitoring tools would help them progress. Experience with at least two of the following tools would be a plus but not necessarily required: