Title: Sr. Digital Copy Editor
Reports to: Creative Director, Digital Experience
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Our Digital Experience Studio is seeking a Senior Digital Editor to lead writing and copy strategy across ServiceNow.com and other digital properties.
- Drive editorial excellence across ServiceNow.com and related digital experiences.
- Directly write copy for the most important experiences. Work directly onsite in Santa Clara with key company executives and SMEs to create core content for digital experiences.
- Oversee copy creation across the website, managing a growing team of contract copywriters.
- Collaborate day-to-day with editors and writers in other design studios, product marketing teams, and agencies to drive copy consistency across all digital and brand touchpoints.
- Be an advocate of the customer and user, working with the UX team to balance business goals with visitor goals, writing in the language of our visitors.
- Partner with digital experience team to apply copy standards and guidelines to the new design system for ServiceNow.com.
- Partner with the UX content strategists and researchers on strategy for how we apply messaging to our digital personas, templates, and components.
- Partner with the research team to validate specific messaging and copywriting strategy with real users.
- Partner with SEO, analytics, and campaign teams to optimize specific copy and copywriting strategy.
- Write in US English for global audiences, considering localization and translation needs upfront, limiting the need for costly rewriting later.
- Find new copywriting talent and grow the digital copywriting team to meet the ever-changing needs of the digital experience studio.
- Digital-first style and systematic approach to writing.
- Experience with big brands or big websites.
- Desire to work in the Santa Clara headquarters on a regular, daily basis.
- Deep experience writing for corporate websites, preferably for B2B technology company marketing.
- Ability to use journalistic approach, bringing the most essential narrative to the page, cutting through the fluff.
- Excited for opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, hands-on role with a seasoned team of passionate designers, marketers, and strategists.
- Experience writing specifically about B2B technology and for demand generation and marketing projects.
- Strong exposure to website design, digital marketing, global technology companies, IT, and SaaS-based software products is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.