The warehouse storeperson is responsible for all day-to-day activities which include receipting, picking/packing and dispatch functions of all product types.
You will support your supervisor in implementing and maintaining warehouse controls and disciplines to ensure a smooth and effective operation.
- Receive, receipt, store, put away, pick and dispatch items in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained for all product and stock in Warehouse. Any quality issues identified need to be escalated to the Supervisor.
- Effectively use the inventory management system to record stock activity and stock control. Complete stock takes as required.
- Ensure warehouse processes are communicated and followed by all stakeholders.
- Achieve required deadlines for customers in relation to inventory/product specifications and delivery.
- Load or unload containers or vehicles.
- Trouble shoot warehouse and inventory issues with the assistance of others.
- Advise Supervisor on any inventory or warehouse problems.
- Adhere to EHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Practice continuous improvement in advancing quality and cost and productivity gains, by improving processes and solving problems.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned to contribute to the efficient operation of the team and business.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a warehouse environment.
- Relevant forklift license.
- Supply chain experience – ideally including inventory management.
Skills & Attributes
- Good time keeping skills.
- Attendance - Strong track record.
- Proactive - anticipate needs
- Motivated to get the job done and meet deadlines.
- Maintain cleanliness of all warehouse areas
- Takes ownership.
- Demonstrates flexibility.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Is required to lift up to 20kg. and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials and in a cold store environment.
- Must be able to work some overtime and be able to be flexible around hours of work.