TITLE: Hmong Linguist
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
DURATION: PART TIME
SCHEDULE: Must be flexible to work holidays, weekends nights and weekends
MVM, Inc. is seeking a bright and talented Hmong Linguist to provide translation services of various media sources from target language into English for the law enforcement community. Going beyond the role of a translator, Linguists are tasked with being able to identify and interpret slang and colloquial expressions from different target speaking regions and translate them into professional English.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Working to a professional code of ethics with confidentiality and neutrality
- TRANSLATE: Accurately translate a wide variety of complex texts from the target language into English.
- TRANSCRIBE: Review audio/video material and write/transcribe information with a high-degree of accuracy and expression
- INTERPRET: Interpret virtually all levels of target language, including complex or highly idiomatic speech with a very high degree of accuracy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree OR four (4) years of experience in a professional work environment
- Native or near native oral and written communications skills in both Hmong and English (as measured by performance on a Proficiency exam that will be administered by a third party);
- Resided in the U.S for at least three (3) of the last five (5) years
- Available to work a minimum of 32 hours a week
- Proficient in MS Office
Applicants selected may be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A Favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully passing a pre-employment drug test
- Successfully passing a background investigation
- Good organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.