Trimble is recruiting for a UX Web Designer to fill an opportunity in Chennai, India.
VirtualSite Solutions is a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar responsible for the development of Web and Mobile telematics software solutions for the construction industry. The joint venture is located in Westminster, CO with additional locations in New Zealand and Chennai India. The candidate will be a member of cross-functional team focused on the client tier. The candidate is responsible for working with a wide variety of project teams. Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, within the established software development framework, and demonstrating engineering and problem-solving skills resulting in predictability, consistency, and high quality.
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
· Take product ideas and requirements and transform them into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
· Research, build, and conduct validations with customers and our stakeholders.
· Design responsive, mobile-first experiences for use on a wide range of devices across the world.
· Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
· Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
· Collaborate with other team members, product managers, and developers that are dedicating to building your solutions.
· Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
· Solidify our design language into a componentized design system.
Skills & Experience Required:
· Three plus years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
· Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, and/or Balsamiq, is a must.
· Familiarity in Bootstrap, Sass, and AngularJS are a plus.
· Ability to work within our current design framework while helping to make iterative improvements to strengthen our applications over time.
· Ability to work with product managers and clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs.
· Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
· A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
· Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
· Strong time-management skills
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
· A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
· Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
· Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
· Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
· Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
· Bachelor or Master degree in design or equivalent and
· 2+ years of professional web/mobile design experience
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.