Job ID: JR0064638
Job Category: Engineering Support
Primary Location: Gdansk, PL
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Pathfinding Software Performance Architect
Intel is the biggest technological company that for 50 years constantly changes the world and its mission is to bring smart connected devices using next generation of data center architecture to every person on Earth.
As the best people are the key to achieve this mission, we are seeking for Pathfinding Software Performance Architect who is passionate and will help us to deliver our customers high quality solutions. We need talented people to create great products. We need you. Join us and help define the future by solving the real challenges in path-finding and surveys technologies.
In this position, you may expect to interact with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
You will be responsible for:
- Performance analysis of Linux networking, storage and network applications and recommend hardware and software optimizations. Analyzing the impact of networking components on CPU/memory subsystems.
- Running network applications both bandwidth intensive and latency sensitive applications such as video sharing, object store, web applications.
- Profiling the system performance. Run network benchmarks and applications hosted on physical servers, virtual machines, and containers.
- Making high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
- Determine coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Recommend SW and silicon changes/optimizations to use Intel HW features to enhance application performance and suggest future improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering or similar.
- 10+ years of experience in application SW development.
- Working knowledge of the Linux kernel and collaboration tools such as git.
- Proficiency in sockets network programming with C and C++ and working knowledge of languages such a Python, Java and Node.js.
- Ability of performance profiling using Linux profiling tools such as perf.
- Knowledge of computer architecture: CPU, SOC, chipsets, BIOS, firmware, drivers, and others.
- Hands on knowledge of network drivers and interfaces.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and inter-personal leadership skills. Very good communication skills (English).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in relatively unstructured environment.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
What we offer you:
Besides regular duties you can:
Inside this Business Group
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities like innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events: wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.
- Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.