Requisition ID: 74922
Location for position may be Remote. Deployment Engineer- Contracts is responsible for assisting Kiewit projects with the deployment and business level support of various Kiewit Technology Group (KTG) sponsored solutions. KTG sponsored solutions include the InEight Project Suite, TeamBinder, Ops Management, Play of the Day, operation productivity reports and a few other field oriented solutions. General duties include but are not limited to learning and testing the solutions, creating training and communication guides, providing initial training of the solutions at various district and job sites, helping with business level support issues and conducting follow up calls or visits to ensure the solutions are working well for the projects. This position will involve quite a bit of travel – roughly 2 weeks on average per month.
• Works with multiple districts to implement and train the KMS products out on job sites
• Understands and helps convey business processes, end user roles, and helps KTG Product and Support teams drive quality solutions and services
• Works cross-functionally with a variety of KTG Product teams to ensure solution decisions are in alignment with the overall portfolio strategy
• Assists KTG Product Manager / Product Owner with identifying end user participants in requirements workshops and user experience research
• Helps provide feedback for KTG - Product Manager / Product Owner to aid in the creation and prioritization of the product backlog
• Assists with KMS product testing and defect resolution prior to product release and during hyper care
• Assists with producing, maintaining and delivering end user training and marketing communications regarding the KMS products
• Leverages construction background to implement KMS products and help fast track successful product adoption
• Tracks KMS product adoption measurements and works with KTG Product Manager / Product Owner to address adoption constraints
• Serves as a KMS product spokesperson at meetings and events involving internal company stakeholders
• Experience in the engineering and construction industry
• Educated in any one of the following areas: construction management, engineering sciences, business administration, computer science and applied technology, communications, and teaching (with focus on secondary or adult education)
• Has a strong background in contract management, PO initiation, payment, back charges, bid packaging, change management knowledge from issue, to potential change order, to contract change order. Estimating and business management knowledge is a plus.
• Experience with standard Office products, PDF software, road mapping tools (ie Aha!), support tools (ie ServiceNow), testing tools (ie HP ALM) and project management and collaboration software (ie Smartsheet, Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams) is a plus
• Experience with facilitating training face to face and online meetings
• Experience working with a wide range of company roles and positions (i.e. front line craft, project and district management, administration and executive level roles)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to synthesize and articulate complex concepts targeted at multiple audiences
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
• Willingness to travel approximately 30%-60%
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Purchasing, Engineer, Business Manager, Wastewater, Engineering, Finance, Management