Accounting Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
Candidate will report to the Director of Technical Accounting and will be responsible for providing guidance on the accounting treatment and structure for significant transactions. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing certain balance sheet accounts to ensure they are recorded appropriately and will play a pivotal role in the preparation for and execution of periodic audits. This role will also require routine interaction with other departments to ensure relevant financial and accounting information is captured timely.
- Work with the Director of Technical Accounting in assessing, documenting and recording the accounting impact of significant unusual transactions.
- Performing consolidation (ASC 810), business combination (ASC 805) and derivative (ASC 815) analyses and formalizing into accounting memos.
- Work with the M&A team to assess accounting treatment for potential deals and assist with integration of executed deals.
- Monitor, interpret and implement new financial reporting pronouncements, including the new revenue recognition (ASC 606) and leases (ASC 842) standards.
- Update and maintain certain balance sheet account schedules.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations.
- Exposure to complex accounting for management review.
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc analysis.
- Establish solid working relationships with various departments within WeWork.
- Work with external auditors in review of significant unusual transactions.
- This is a fast-growing startup environment and the candidate must have willingness to pitch-in when asked to support other areas.
Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, CPA certification required.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience, with top-tier public accounting being a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accounting memos by reviewing agreements and applying appropriate accounting guidance.
- Understanding of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required.
- Working knowledge of Workday is preferred.