Process Industries and DrivesBusiness Unit:
Large DrivesRequisition Number:
United States-Pennsylvania-New KensingtonAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Test Engineer for the designing and implementation of functional verification testers, test software, and in-circuit test fixtures that will report directly to the Test Engineering Manager. The Test Engineer will be responsible to coordinate and lead design efforts to support multiple global factories for production as well as other departments such as Research and Development and Customer Service.
Design and implement test fixtures to support a growing number of projects and new designs.
Write PLC programs to standardize automated testing at global vendor sites and production facilities across the Siemens organization.
Work with R&D and Operations Engineering to support test fixtures for new designs including, printed circuit boards, power cells, DC drive systems, and low and medium voltage variable frequency drive systems.
Support all factories that produce the Perfect Harmony VFD, ensuring all testing is being conducted consistently at each site.
Ability to troubleshoot complex issues on-the-fly.
Test Engineer will be responsible for sourcing new material that may be required for test sets.
Design tests and test fixtures with safety and compliance to standards, always in mind.
Analyzes the test sequences for potential improvements, and carries out or initiate the required implementation measures.
Schedules, organizes and monitors the creation of test solutions.
Estimates the scope of the test, selects and defines the measuring and tests equipment or devices.
Create and maintain testing procedures and documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum BS degree with 2-5 years of related Test Engineering experience
- Experience in design, development and testing required.
- Previous experience programming PLC logic is required.
- Ability to read and produce electrical schematics and interpret specifications.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and provide design guidance to mechanical drafters/designers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Required travel 5-10%, domestic and international.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of testing concepts.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC’s is a plus.
- Experience with Siemens software tools (TeamCenter, SAP) preferred.
- Knowledge of various programming languages is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Access, Project, Word, etc.
- Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.