Come join a growing bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do.
Work within our Sales & Products IT team and be part of a small team that helps ensure our applications and technology are able to deliver the capabilities to support our growing banking operations, as well as support our expansion roadmap. You will work closely with cross-functional business, IT and vendor teams to ensure we are delivering the right-sized solutions to meet current, future and long-term needs in support of our banking product processing and continuing expansion efforts.
We are looking for a Systems Analyst, who possesses extensive Banking experience in Investments, Deposit Products and Sales Tools has strong business and systems analysis skills, and is able to work with minimal guidance to deliver their assignments. This individual must have experience in implementation and enhancement of Investment and Deposit products. Ideally, they should have experience working on banking system implementations in global regions.
Serve as a liaison with the business owners to facilitate the elicitation and prioritization of business requirements including but not limited to interface design, user interface specifications and computer systems report design. Act as a consultant to the business, striving to meet their business and compliance objectives with innovative, cost effective and efficient solutions, leveraging existing infrastructure and capabilities whenever possible. Serve as the liaison between technology and business end users. Responsible for working with stakeholders to analyze business requirements and produce specifications for any changes to technology applications.
Perform business systems analysis associated with change requests, projects, assessments and escalated production issues. Responsible for technical assessments, analysis, requirements, configurations, testing and implementation of incremental enhancements/change requests and other minor releases to SVB’s systems, their associated interfaces and business processes and procedures.
Core responsibilities include:
- Analyze and translate complex business requirements into a functional system design document.
- Technology and system related analysis using knowledge of current applications, interfaces and data structures to recommend solutions and provide input.
- Facilitate and participant in design white-boarding sessions to ensure prioritized business needs are met within SVB standards.
- Provide leadership and support for system production issues, change requests and maintenance. Maintain knowledge documentation.
- Able to manage and direct, with authority, remote team members to quickly resolve business critical production incidents successfully.
- Prepare and present subject matter knowledge, analysis, options, solutions in both written and presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Regularly apply advanced data analysis skills to understand detailed data flows between systems and within systems for their domain.
- Regularly apply knowledge of future technology and system trends for your domain to solve for current and future business needs.
- Configure systems and develop expertise in system functionality and design.
Understand points of interaction and impact on other systems across the enterprise.
- Understand client needs and pain points; recommend enhancements to release tracks.
- Assist in developing and executing test scripts.
- Perform and/or participate in testing releases prior to installing in production.
- Assist in developing training materials for system functionality.
- Assist with performing applications changes and configurations.
- Manage the installation of maintenance/patches and software upgrades.
- Convert application designs into data model and data mapping specifications.
- As a system owner, own end-to-end health and maintenance of assigned systems, including tactical vendor management.
- Manage end-to-end from idea to delivery of enhancements and changes to systems.
- Regularly provide guidance and direction to other Systems Analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive prior work experience with systems and application management.
- Experience working in information technology domain within Banking or Financial Services industry.
- Experience with systems implementation projects.
- Experience with production and disaster recovery systems/application support.
- Experience with development coding and relational database (SQL) queries.
- Advanced knowledge and analytical skills of systems integration through web services, ETL, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks, initiate and conduct meetings with team and peers.
- Able work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to streamline complex requirements to simplify Business Processes.
High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Being able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and clients.
- Being confident to have face to face interactions with Business / stakeholders.
- Not being afraid to pick up the phone to talk to people.
- Ability to understand data flows and how applications interface with one another (including upstream / downstream).
- Quick Thinking – being able to think on the spot quickly to minimize business impact and make key decisions.
- Basic level of understanding regarding IT infrastructure e.g. understanding networks, circuits, routers, etc.
- Flexible, Friendly and Approachable.
United States-California-Santa Clara
3003 Tasman Drive
May 23, 2018, 4:19:13 AM